Aston Carter have partnered with an emerging Australian Fintech Group in the search for a Group Financial Accountant. The company have grown from a start-up through to a $200 million group with operations across Australia, Asia and North America. They have aspirations for further group expansion, combined with mid-term IPO plans. A strong company culture and an innovative growth profile make for an exciting journey ahead.
The newly created Group Financial Accountant will be a key inclusion into the finance function. The role will have exposure to across both Financial Control and Management Accounting/FP&A, providing the successful candidate with full end-to-end exposure across the business.
Main duties include;
- End to end Financial Reporting across the Australian business with additional transaction support to the Asia and North American operations.
- Delivery of both the year-end and half-year reporting cycles.
- Partner directly with the executive leadership team around management reporting, business performance and product performance.
- Partnering with the Group Financial Controller to deliver the annual budget cycle and quarterly forecasting process.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to the junior and transactional accounting teams around AP, AR and Payroll operations.
- Ad-hoc work around around finance transformation projects and new business initatives/
- Partnering with the external tax advisers around tax compliance and tax returns.
To be successful in this role you will have experience in Financial Services, Insurance or a peripheral industry, you will pair this with a background in developing and mentoring finance functions through business growth.
Key criteria include:
- CA/CPA qualifications paired with a strong foundational skillset developed with either a top-tier chartered firm or a large corporate environment.
- Strong systems and process skills, including advanced excel capability (ideally SQL).
- Industry experience across Financial Services, Insurance or a peripheral industry.
- A demonstrated background where you have gone above and beyond in supporting a businesses growth and performance.
To discuss the role in further detail please click apply or contact Ghenwa El Masri in our Sydney office on 02 9087 6238.