- Workforce of 80,000 and an HR team of 650
- Brisbane based with clients and team across Queensland
- Lead HR across the full range of strategic, tactical and operational services
The Department of Education is Queensland’s largest employer, delivering and supporting high quality education services to 1 million young Queenslanders. It directly delivers education to around 70% of all Queensland school students, through 1240 state schools. The Department also includes the Office of Industrial Relations.
The Assistant Director-General Human Resources reports to the Deputy Director-General, Corporate Services, leading an executive team encompassing Organisational Transformation and Capability, HR Services, Integrity & Employee Relations, and Business Partnering, Safety & Wellbeing. With the HR workforce split evenly between regional locations and Brisbane, visibility of the ADG HR is crucial.
- Leadership at the tactical, strategic and relational levels
- High visibility to clients and staff, providing on call executive response to issues as they arise
- Ensures a broad range of productive stakeholder relationships
- Represents the State in national forums
- Leads workforce planning initiatives to ensure workforce supply
- Provides leadership and representation in Enterprise Bargaining negotiations
- Promotes and supports education improvement through human resource strategies and programs
- Advanced people leadership skills to ensure alignment across a highly distributed and diverse team
- Makes sound decisions quickly and moves to action
- Capacity to invest significantly in developing an understanding of the business
- Resilience and personal self-management to sustain commitment in a highly dynamic and demanding environment
- Understanding of the employment structures which surround public sector and public school environments
- Able to build and maintain highly credible and trusted stakeholder relationships and negotiate resolutions
For more information on the role and application process please visit https://jobs.en-au.astoncarter.com/, quoting 510717 in the Keywords field.
Confidential enquiries to Peter Gibson of Aston Carter on +61 7 3295 7446
Closing Date: Sunday February 17, 2019