Aston Carter have partnered with an emerging privately owned Financial Markets Trading Firm in the search for a Financial Accountant. The company is located in the heart of Sydney CBD and is known to have a strong tech culture that promotes performance and continuous career growth and improvement.
The role is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract with a view for extension. It will give the successful candidate the opportunity to have phenomenal access to technology and enter the world of financial markets and have exposure across their APAC consolidated reporting,
Main duties include;
- End to end Financial Reporting across the APAC business with additional support to process improvement and finance transformation projects.
- Reconcile month end trading result journal entries for Trading Desks.
- Daily and month end accounting for technology entities.
- Preparing monthly balance sheet substantiations for tax and technology entities.
- Preparing monthly tax calculations and journals.
- Ad-hoc work around around finance transformation projects and new business initatives/
- Partnering with the external tax advisers around tax compliance and tax returns.
To be successful in this role you will have experience in Financial Services, Technology or a peripheral industry, You will pair this with a background in developing and mentoring finance functions through business growth.
Key criteria include:
- Commerce/Finance/Accounting Degree
- CA/CPA/CIMA qualifications paired with a strong foundational skillset developed with either a top-tier chartered firm or a large corporate environment.
- Experience in Australian Tax Law
- Industry experience across Financial Services, Insurance or a peripheral industry.
- A demonstrated background where you have gone above and beyond in supporting a businesses growth and performance.
To discuss the role in further detail please click apply or contact Ghenwa El Masri in our Sydney office on 02 9087 6238.