- $150,000- $185,000 + Bonus
- Best in class development and high perfrormance work culture
- Opportunity to work offshore
The company is one of Australia's domestic banking leaders, having developed this role as part of the on-going enhancement and uplift of their risk capability. The company have a full suite of banking products including Financial Markets, Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Investment Banking and Commercial Banking. The employee development and career exposure on offer is unparalleled in the local market.
The role is a newly created position to partner directly with the Divisional CRO in the design, implementation, and on-going delivery of a best-in-class Operational Risk environment. The main duties and requirements of the role include.
- Act as the subject matter expert on the management of incidents obtaining approvals for new business activities and the review, design and roll-out of operational risk frameworks and policies.
- Partner with Divisional leaders, product Leads and Operational functions in town-halls, workshops, and risk assessment programs to instil a business wide risk approach and buy-in.
- Partner with the Group divisions and Industry Regulators to implement regulatory requirements.
- Deliver a best-on-class Risk Control Self-Assessment model to be utilised by the business.
- Engage with Risk, Compliance, Control and Governance functions from across the group to ensure market leading environment is created.
- Act as a key risk advisor around new product and new market initiatives, bringing both a risk and a commercial voice to discussions and workshops.
The role is designed for an Operational Risk leader with experience across Commercial Banking, Institutional Banking, Financial Markets or Funds Management. The successful candidate will possess.
- Several years of experience within Operational Risk and Risk Frameworks for a top tier financial institution.
- Demonstrable experience partnering at a CRO, Board, Business Head and Regulator level.
- In depth experience & knowledge across Equities and the trading environment within Funds Management, Investment Management, Investment Banking and Financial Markets.
- A keen interest in developing junior staff, focused on empowering them while developing key skills and experience.
To discuss the role further please either click apply or contact Alex Sherbinski in our Sydney office on 02 9087 6226 or via email@example.com quoting job ID 521090.