- Large Government Department
- Immediate Start
- Potential long term assignment
This well-known government organisation’s people are engaged and developing as part of a high-performing team. Their stakeholders then benefit from their quality, service and innovation. This unparalleled dedication to exceeding expectations has been built on decades of understanding and fulfilling needs with exceptional ideas and delivery. This has enabled their people to focus on creating ever improving outcomes, continuously refining their service and advantages through developing services and processes thereby maximise value for all stakeholders. They are seeking to appoint an interim Management Accountant at the AO5 level for an initial period of up to 6 months.
Dealing with billions of dollars in assets and a large, complex workforce, the Management Accountant will be responsible for working within one of the Department’s most important business units. The Division is responsible for delivering financial management information and advice to ensure the ELT can make well informed decisions. Think big numbers, many complex projects running in parallel, and close public scrutiny requiring carefully managed finances. You duties will include, but not be limited to:-
- Preparation of month end accruals and other journals
- Review of month end result, conduct analysis and prepare monthly reports (budget vs Actuals, transactions and FTEs)
- Meet with cost centre managers on a monthly basis to discuss financial results and provide information/support on financial management issues
- Assist with annual/mid-year budgeting and forecasting process
- Prepare budget upload file and maintain budget
You'll be challenged to stretch your mind. You will be inspired to think strategically and creatively. You will feel part of something big. And every morning you'll look forward to coming into work because of the exceptional team of people you work with and the diverse and interesting range of clients you service. Information you provide will be relied upon to make decisions of huge significance, information that helps shape major operations and initiatives. You will see the direct impact of the work you deliver and how it affects broader operational outcomes. Each initiative you support helps you to build a deeper understanding of the levers that drive the organisation. You also have the opportunity to work in blended teams with diverse stakeholder groups that will challenge the way you think and help you develop stronger communication skills.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Team player who can multitask
- Self-reliant, good problem solver and results oriented
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with the leadership team all the way to Ministerial level
- Ability to deliver as an effective operational staff member; "a doer"
What’s on Offer?
Rare interim opportunity in a large, well known organisation
Long term, interim opportunity
Diverse, challenging role
For more information or a confidential discussion please call Danielle Heath on (07) 3275 7449. Alternatively, click on "Apply for this job" to submit your CV.