Aston Carter have partnered with an emerging privately owned Financial Markets Trading Firm in the search for a Tax Accountant. The company is known for their flexible work culture, work ethic, and career development. They continue to grow within diverse markets and have a fast-paced high performing environment, providing employees with exposure to tax issues across various regions and senior stakeholders across the business. They pride themselves on looking after their employees training and mentoring them.
The position is a 12-month Fixed Term Contract, focusing on GST, GBT, and income tax advisory across Australia and APAC. The main duties of the role include:
- Preparing GST, VAT and FBT returns for entities across APAC
- Preparing monthly BAS returns and thin capitalisation documents for the Australian Consolidated Group
- Researching and advising the business on tax related issues.
- Advising on tax risk, governance and controls that impact tax strategies
- Building and managing senior stakeholders across the Finance and HR teams
You will have 5-10 years of experience in Indirect Tax within a Big 4, law firm or large corporate tax team. Key criteria will include:
- CA qualification including strong tertiary foundations in Indirect Tax.
- Demonstrated GST and FBT knowledge and experience.
- Ability to research and have a strong background in tax compliance.
- Ability to solve problems, work with teams and have the drive to thrive in a highly performing environment.
Click apply or contact Ghenwa El Masri on 02 9087 6238 for more information.