This business is a very well known, highly desirable employer. They are a commercially focused, outcome driven Government business that provides strategic leadership, advice, direction and effective service delivery with respect to the financial management and economic viability of important stakeholders. They are currently seeking a talented Manager – Management Accounting to join their ranks on an interim basis with a view to long term/permanency.
As the Manager – Management Accounting you and your team will be responsible for conducting financial analysis to identify the efficiency and effectiveness of business activities, and the profitability/contribution of business segments. This will including the provision of effective financial, management and statutory accounting services including but not limited to:-
- Cash flow management
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Internal controls
- Financial policy improvement&
- Compliance functions
- Team leadership
The Manager Management Accounting position is responsible for, the management, implementation and monitoring of the budget process and provides high-level financial management advice on budgeting, management accounting and financial performance issues. This role requires significant collaboration with the Business Performance Manager and Business Managers. This position has direct supervision of 5 talented team member, so leadership experience is essential.
Skills & Experience
As the successful Manager – Management Accounting you will ideally have experience in: -
- The provision of expert financial management advice to executive management that aligns with the strategic objectives of the organisation.
- Leading and coordinating advice and financial services relating to budgeting, management accounting and financial performance issues for the business areas of a large organisation.
- Successfully managing a financial services team to achieve deadlines, within agreed timeframes and competing priorities.
- The development and management of quality information systems, and enhanced management reporting capabilities to the business areas of a large organisation.
What’s in it for you?
- Senior role in Commercialised Business of the Queensland State Government
- Potential for long term opportunity
- Diverse and varied role
For more information please click on the “Apply Now” button or for more information please reach out the Aston Carter Brisbane team. We have more than 30 years experience in filling interim, permanent and Executive search roles in the Queensland State Government. If you don’t know us already…you should.