- 6 months with likelihood of 12 months plus
- Immediate start
- Flexible work conditions
This Federal Government organisation is a semi-independent agency established to improve the quality and safety of NDIS supports and services. They work with NDIS participants, service providers, workers and the community to implement a new nationally consistent approach so that across Australia participants can access services and supports that promote choice, control and dignity. They are currently seeking suitable applicants for several Complaints and Reportable Incidents Officers. The Positions are for 6 months (with a possible extension of up to 6 months based on performance).
The successful Complaints and Reportable Incidents Officer will utilise their regulatory expertise in a compliance and analytically focused role, tapping strong customer service focus and excellent communication skills to
- Support the implementation, operation and monitoring of the reportable incidents handling function
- Assist with the management of a caseload of incidents reported to the Commission by providers, including engaging with providers, where requested, on incidents (including deaths of people with disability) and supporting the Assistant Director in the escalation of incidents for investigation or other action where necessary
- Support the development of advice to the Branch Manager about trends, issues, individuals of concern and inadequate investigations by service providers, through the assessment and analysis of information gathered during the reportable incidents handling process
- Support the education and training function for providers in identifying incidents, preventing and effectively responding to abuse, and neglect of people with disability and information about the Commission’s reportable incidents handling function
You will possess experience in developing productive working relationships with a range of stakeholders to facilitate the work of the reportable incidents handling function and manage and resolve a caseload of complaints about the provision of supports and services by NDIS providers, including assessing moderately complex complaints and contributing to complaints handling activities, including conciliations.
- Experience monitoring incoming complaints and status to ensure high-risk complaints are escalated to be dealt with quickly and efficiently
- The ability to develop excellent working relationships with a large and diverse range of external stakeholders
- Experience providing coaching, mentoring and guidance to others and contribute to a learning culture where expertise can be appropriately shared.
What’s on Offer?
- 6-month contract
- High likelihood of extension
- Supportive, flexible, and collaborative environment
To submit your application, please click on the “Apply Now” button or for more information please reach out to Danielle Heath in the Aston Carter Brisbane Office for more information on 07 3205 7444