- $105, 000 + superannuation + bonus
- Exposure to CFO & Senior Leadership
- Flexible working and career development
A leading Fund and Investment Manager are seeking a Senior Accountant - Financial Reporting to join the Global Group Reporting function. The organisation are an ASX Top 50 organisation with extensive investments and operational activities across the globe. They have long been recognised as a top employer in the local market, providing on-going career development, market leading remuneration packages and a strong culture of flexible working.
The Senior Accountant position will act as a key conduit between the senior finance leadership team and the divisional finance functions. The role will support the divisions with a number of transaction, funding, structuring and strategic based projects while being a key component of the group's reporting and consolidations function. Key duties of the role include;
- Provide on-going advisory support to divisional finance and operations teams around transactions, funding, strategic intiatives, finance projects and capital decisions,
- Work as a central member of the group's financial reporting consolidations function,
- Be a key component of the quarter, half-year and full-year reporting cycles,
- Partner with the external auditors for all audit engagements,
- Provide on-going financial and performance based commentary to senior leadership,
- Partner the various finance project teams with a key eye on IFRS standard, APRA regulatory and internal finance system transformation projects,
- Provide on-going coaching and mentoring to both the local on-shore financial accounting teams and the off-shore shared service centre,
- Be a key subject-matter expert on all Financial Reporting Standard developments,
- Partner directly with the Treasury team as a key conduit on all Balance-Sheet, Funding and Liquidity decisions across the group.
This role designed for someone moving out of a Big 4 Chartered firm in either External Audit or Transaction Services. Alternatively, this person will come from an internal financial reporting function from within a top-tier Financial Services or Insurance group. Some main requirements are;
- Strong knowledge around IFRS/AASB standards, including recent developments in 9, 15, 16 and 17,
- Foundational knowledge in Treasury Accounting and Transactions,
- A keen interest in juggling both BAU deliverables and acting as a subject matter expert on a number of projects,
- Strong tertiary and post-graduate qualifcations in Finance and Accounting (CA, CPA, Commerce, Accounting and Economics),
- Demonstrable experience dealing with both senior leadership and operational teams, and
- A passion for financial services, financial markets and investment management.
To discuss the role further please click Apply or call Braedon Jones in our Sydney office on 0409 201 347.