Aston Carter are working with a top-tier domestic bank in the search for an up and coming Financial Accountant. The company has operations across all major financial hubs and are widely known as an employer of choice. Their additional benefits package is unparalleled in the local market as is their training and development environment.
The Financial Accountant role is a newly created position focused on the financial reporting of their Asia Pacific operations. You will partner closely with the front and middle office functions providing financial analysis, insights and commentary to support the businesses operations. You will also analyze the impacts of the new accounting standards on their financial statements and take part in process improvement work. Main responsibilities will include;
- Act as a key lead in the APAC businesses consolidated reporting process.
- Liaise directly with the front-office and trading teams around product, business unit and country specific performance.
- Support the FP&A team in the annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Produce quarterly and annual reporting to external regulators (APRA, ASIC, ATO, ABS), global head office and investment partners.
- Take the responsibility as the finance SME on a number of process improvement, data analysis, systems improvement and strategic projects.
- Drive a best in class process improvement philosophy through the finance function, looking for ways to improve and get better efficiencies and output.
You will have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and will combine this with excellent systems and excel skills. A keen willingness to learn and development will be paramount to success in the role. You will additionally have finished or be part way through your CA or CPA qualifications. Current experience within a Big 4 or mid-tier chartered firm or industry experience within Banking, Insurance or Technology will be looked upon favourably.