Aston Carter have partnered with an emerging Australian Fintech Group in the search for a Group Financial Controller. The company have grown from a start-up through to a $200 million group with operations across Australia, Asia and North America. They have aspirations for further group expansion, combined with mid-term IPO plans. A strong company culture and an innovative growth profile make for an exciting journey ahead.
The newly created Group Financial Controller will be the 2IC to the Group CFO. The position will take full ownership over the groups finance function and will be entrusted to design, develop and inspire the finance function that will support the groups future expansions.
Main duties include;
- Full finance function oversight including, financial reporting, management reporting, finance systems, tax compliance, transaction accounting, treasury and capital management.
- Senior leadership business partnering on all finance matters,
- Coordination of the finance functions on the ground in Asia and North American operations,
- Ownership over the finance transformation program, including systems selection, roll-out and automation. Along with the design and implementation of the finance target operating model,
- Hiring, mentoring and development of the finance function,
- Lead and manage the annual and half-year external audits,
- Design and implementation of a robust controls and governance framework for finance,
- CFO partnership around major transactions, including domestic and international acquisitions, business expansion and potential IPO's.
To be successful in this role you will have experience in Financial Services, Insurance or a peripheral industry, you will pair this with a background in developing and mentoring finance functions through business growth. Key criteria include;
- CPA/CA qualifications paired with experience in a Financial Controller or Senior Finance Manager position previously.
- Strong technical skills across Financial Reporting, Management Reporting, Group Consolidations, Tax Compliance and Capital Management,
- A demonstrable skillset in attracting, retaining and developing outstanding talent and maintaining a 'best-in-class' finance function,
- Strong systems experience across systems implementation and automation paired with strong Excel and database skills (ideally with SQL experience),
- A passion for balancing a senior leadership roll with the ability to get 'into the detail' with your team, a constant willingness to do whatever it takes.
To learn more about the role please click apply above or contact Alex Sherbinski in our Sydney office on 02 9087 6226.