- Large Company
- Interim to permanent
- $1B in Assets
This well-known organisation’s people are engaged and developing as part of a high-performing team. Their stakeholders then benefit from their quality, service and innovation. This unparalleled dedication to exceeding expectations has been built on decades of understanding and fulfilling needs with exceptional ideas and delivery. This has enabled the organisation to focus on creating ever improving outcomes, continuously refining their service and advantages through developing differentiated services and processes thereby maximise value for all stakeholders. They are seeking to appoint a talented Asset Accountant to commence as soon as possible.
With more than $1B in Assets, as the Asset Accountant you will report to the Chief Financial Officer and be responsible for maintaining the integrity and accuracy of fixed asset registers, balance sheet reconciliations, GL reconciliations, providing support for capital and maintenance purchases as well as processing fixed and intangible asset additions, disposals and transfers into the fixed asset register. Other duties will include, but not be limited to:-
- Asset capitalisation or depreciation, assist with EOY capitalisation, disposal, write off and revaluation process and reconciliations
- De-commissioning follow up
- Reconciliation of all WIP accounts
- Non-Current Assets reconciliations
- Follow up with fully depreciated assets status for Asset Impairment Assessments
- Prepare EOY contract commitments schedule
You will be an experienced Financial or Management Accountant with exposure to or specific experience in Asset Accounting or working within an Asset intensive environment. You will possess very high-level technical reporting skills as you will be called on to provide disclosures for half year and full year statutory accounts and be actively involved with the audit process. You will be improvement focused as well as there is also the opportunity to use your experience to influence improvement opportunities to systems and processes.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Team player who can multitask
- Self-reliant, good problem solver and results oriented
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with the leadership team
- Ability to deliver as an effective operational staff member; "a doer"
What’s on Offer?
- Rare head office opportunity in a large, well known organisation
- Be part of a collaborative and supportive team by being a leader.
- Career development by a Chief Financial Officer
For more information or a confidential discussion please call Matthew Taylor on (07) 3275 7410 or Danielle Heath on (07) 3275 7449. Alternatively, click on "Apply for this job" to submit your CV.