Aston Carter have partnered with an emerging Australian Fintech Group in the search for an up and coming Accountant. The company have grown from a start-up through to a $200 million group with operations across Australia, Asia and North America. They have aspirations for further group expansion, combined with mid-term IPO plans. A strong company culture and an innovative growth profile make for an exciting journey ahead.
The newly created Accountant position will be a key inclusion into the finance function. The role will have full ownership across a number of key finance responsibilities along with additional exposure to financial reporting and management reporting.
Main duties include;
- Full ownership over Accounts Receivables, including invoicing, debtor collection, payment processing, client refunds and customer onboarding.
- Partnering with channel suppliers to process payments and issue performance reporting in line with service line agreements.
- Accounts Payable assistance to the AP Officer during peak volume periods.
- Monthly bank reconciliations and expense management processing.
- Variance analysis and commentary provision as part of the month-end management reporting process.
- Ad-hoc query support to senior finance leadership and operations teams.
- Cash management to support the daily operations of the businesses.
- Data analysis on customer and product performance as requested by the business.
- Provide support to the Financial Accountants and Group Financial Controller on year-end and half-year reporting processes.
To be successful in this role you will possess a strong can-do attitude and a willingness to develop your accounting skills in an innovative and rapidly growing business.
Key criteria include:
- Qualification or part-qualification of your CA/CPA paired with tertiary studies in Finance, Accounting, Commerce or Economics.
- A minimum 2 years in a similar role, where you have developed a broad financial accounting skill base.
- Developing systems and excel skills, including an ability to demonstrate intermediate excel skills.
- Industry experience across Financial Services, Insurance, Consulting or a peripheral industry.
- A demonstrated background where you have gone above and beyond in your role to develop your skills and provide an outstanding service to your stakeholders.
To discuss the role further please clock apply or alternatively contact Ghenwa El Masri in our Sydney office on 02 9087 6238.