The company is a reputable and renowned top-tier domestic bank who are well established in the Australian and International markets with a high performing team. The company are focused on excellence in Retail Banking, Business Banking, Investment Banking and Advisory within global investments, and new product launches. This business is a key driver for digital innovation and transformation. Located in the heart of Sydney CBD, they are one of Australia’s top employers focused on a collaborative, people first culture where they value challenging the status quo, work-life balance and career development.
Due to growth in the financial control function, the Senior Technical Accounting position will support the Investment Banking team where you will provide accounting advisory and reporting support, overseeing the transaction life cycle. The role is quite varied where you will partner with the investment accounting business to advise on variable and complex proposals and business transactions.
Main duties include:
- Technical accounting support and advisory across a broad range of transactions
- Implementing accounting standards governance, strategies and frameworks to support the business
- Identifying training and development strategies addressing accounting principles
- Presenting key strategies around accounting principles in internal and external workshops
- Business partnering with divisional leadership across the business
The successful candidate will have strong technical accounting knowledge and strong experience engaging with stakeholders. The criteria for the successful candidate are:
- Accounting Advisory and IFRS standards experience with a chartered background in either a Big 4 or a top-tier Financial Services firm.
- Exceptional senior level stakeholder management and engagement
- CA/CPA qualification
- Curiosity and willingness to learn and have a passion for technical accounting
To discuss the role in further detail please click apply or contact Ghenwa El-Masri in our Sydney office on (02) 90876238.