- Interim to permanent opportunity
- Immediate start
- Diverse and varied role
A well-known Queensland Government department who is proudly at the forefront of driving Queensland’s Covid-19 recovery is seeking an AO7 Principal Financial Accountant in a diverse 6-months plus contract with the potential to go permanent. This employer of choice boasts a passionate, hard-working culture and is known for its continuous support in making a difference for Queenslanders and their communities.
As the Principal Financial Accountant you will contribute highly developed financial accounting skills to the preparation of financial statements to ensure compliance with statutory reporting requirements, and assist in the development and implementation of financial and operational policy and procedures.
Reporting to the CFO you will have responsibility for contributing to the following activities and undertaking the following key tasks:
- Play a leading role in the department’s asset management framework by providing expert advice on asset accounting, recording and valuation policies, stocktake, procedures and systems.
- Prepare financial reconciliations, raising journal entries and working papers and implementing appropriate policies, systems, procedures and practices.
- Ensure compliance with audit recommendations.
- Undertake complex research activities and prepare submissions, reports and briefing materials.
- Identify departmental training needs in financial and asset accounting and contribute to the development and implementation of strategies and training programs.
As the Principal Financial Accountant, you will have a strong knowledge of public sector financial management systems, policies, processes, practices and issues with the ability to apply this knowledge to the preparation of financial reports.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify, analyse, develop, implement, and evaluate complex financial issues, strategies, policies and initiatives.
- Ability to build and sustain effective networks and work within a team environment, including the ability to work independently.
- Advanced computer skills, particularly in the use of spreadsheet and database application and proven ability to produce high quality work.
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate with all levels across the organisation.
Skills & Experience
- Degree qualified
- Ideally CA or CPA qualified
- Strong technical financial accounting experience
- Advanced excel skills
What's On Offer
- 6 months plus contract with a view for permanency.
- Interesting, varied role
- Ability to get out into the business and work with stakeholders to drive their organisation forward
For more information please call Danielle Heath in the Aston Carter Brisbane Office on
07 3295 7449 quoting Job Reference 520024. Alternatively, click on "Apply for this job" to submit your CV.